Sunday, November 14, 2010

30. The Passage

by Justin Cronin (766 pp.)

This is my 5th book this year over 700 pages. Remember the library gave out bookmarks and stuff as prizes when you read books during the summer as a kid? I feel like I should get something for reading so many giant books.

I 95% LOVED this book. It's a post-apocalyptic super-scary vampires take over the world story. Really, there isn't an original idea in here. It's all in the execution. Great characters. Fun to read. If I have a complaint, it's that I wish he'd dropped some of the ideas and developed other ideas more. By the time you get to the end there's a major development and resolution every couple of pages. I also thought there were some loose ends that I would have liked to see tied up a bit more. But overall: recommend.

No comments: