Thursday, June 14, 2012

15. The Fear Principle

By B.A. Chepaitis (196 pp ebook)

One of my stories is in an ebook collection and I had a coupon to download it. While I was getting it, I decided to support small presses and buy a book and I decided on this one. I put it in my cart and turns out it was on a freebie promotion. So I ended up buying the book I was in.

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. There were a couple of parts where I felt like it was getting into "don't want to put it down" territory but then the scene would change to a long explainy bit. It's set in the future after "the killing times" a mass murder free-for-all. The protagonist is a woman who treats criminals using telepathy. It has some good moments but not enough for me to check out other books with this character.

No comments: