Sunday, December 2, 2012

35. Outlander

By Diana Gabaldon (850 pp)

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to read some big cheesy books. The kind that even when they're silly, you still want to keep reading. This one gets 100 gold stars plus it's the first in a series. There are 6 more published plus another one on the way. It's a historical fiction romance time-travel book. This happily married woman from 1945 goes back to 1743 through some sort of stone-henge type place. That element isn't addressed. Dues to circumstances of the story she has to marry this 1743 guy but they fall in love and then have to rescue each other through a series of adventures, many of which challenge reader credibility. I'm not going to rush to the next one but thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

I must find my old copy and finish it!