Friday, January 15, 2010

1. The Mortal Instruments Book One: City of Bones

By Cassandra Clare (485 pp.). This book has been in "almost finished" status all week. I had so few pages I didn't want to take it on the bus because I might finish it and I didn't want to carry two books. But then by the time I got in bed at night to read it, I'd be so tired I could only finish a couple of pages. I finally finished this morning. I wish I liked it more than I did. It's about a teenager in NYC who learns of her connection to the Shadowhunters who are people who hunt and kill demons. There's tons of great action and unexpected developments but I grew weary of the angsty teen soap opera stuff.

1 comment:

kmari03 said...

I guess I underestimated your tolerance for teen soap opera a bit. Thanks for giving it a try!! I can't wait to recommend something you will love. Also, yay for PamBooks in it's new improved incarnation.