Sunday, February 5, 2012

4. The Name of the Wind

By Patrick Rothfuss (662pp)

I have been sitting on this book forever. Partly because I knew I would like it and I wanted to wait until I had time to really get into it. Partly because I knew it was going to be a series and didn't want to be left hanging at the end. And partly because it was hardcover and I didn't want to carry it on the bus. None of those reasons makes any sense now because I never had time to really get into it and have been sneaking in a few pages here and there for the last 6 weeks. Book 2 is out but the series isn't finished so I'm still going to be left hanging. I never did take it on the bus but I'll probably end up lugging #2 to work with me. I'm warming up to the idea of an ereader mostly for tome reading on the bus. I have other reasons pro and con but not going into it here.

This book is awesome. It's a about a guy and bad stuff happens and he's the hero and he wins a little, loses a little, but it's a story within a story and nothing is what it appears. If you like big fat fantasy books, highly recommended.

No comments: