Tuesday, June 26, 2012

17. The Tesseract

By Alex Garland (273 pp)

When I visited Kira she had credit at the used bookstore and told me to pick something out. I picked this. Alex Garland wrote The Beach and the movie 28 Days Later and other things that I like. It's about a bunch of different people in Manila with switching POV characters and it takes awhile to see how it's going to connect in the end. Also its suspenseful. I liked it a lot. I'm thinking about reading it again. But I think it might be a hard sell for folks who like their narrative more straightforward.

1 comment:

kmari03 said...

You should have picked more things...I still have a huge credit! I understand the limits of air travel though. I am going to put it in the epic care package I am eventually going to send to you and Bob once you're back from NYC.