Thursday, October 24, 2013

32. In the Presence of the Enemy

By Elizabeth George (623 pp)

This is a murder mystery that I picked because I read a writing book by this author (Book #31). I had some problems with this book but I think it's more because it's not my kind of book that problems with the book. I enjoy reading a murder mystery every once in awhile. This one seemed endlessly long, I had several episodes of character fatigue and I didn't care enough to go back and figure who was who, and there were a lot of details that I thought bogged the whole thing down. I think there is a type of murder mystery reader who loves those kind of details. There were also a couple of revelations that I thought were pretty obvious and I'm not the kind of reader who likes to crow about how "I knew it!" Recommend to people who like long murder mysteries.

No comments: