Sunday, February 28, 2016

8. Leviathan Wakes

By James S.A. Corey (561 pp)

This is the first book in the Expanse series - which was a show on Syfy channel. I watched 1 episode of the show and had to run out and buy the book. (Technically, I asked for it for Christmas.) I really wanted to read the book before I finished the show but ended up reading and watching at the same time. And it was little bit jarring because of the differences. But I LOVED the book and I'm happy there are 4 more published! It's set in the future when people live in space with a conflict between earth, Mars with a strong military, and outer planets. It's hard to sum up in a couple of sentences. There is political unrest and the story is divided between a detective looking for a missing woman and a ship captain who runs into related trouble. It's really good: creepy, actiony, surprising. I recommend.

No comments: