Sunday, August 10, 2014

24. Wolf Hall

By Hilary Mantel (604 pp)

I had two half finished books before I went on vacation and of course I can't take a half finished book on vacation. I've been wanting to read this and I like taking a tome on vacation so this was it. Actually I originally chose 2 tomes but I smartly put one back. Over the course of vacation I read 450 pages and I was afraid I would never get around to finishing this. But I am still feeling worn out from travel and the busy week I had this week so I spend a couple of lazy afternoons finishing it. It is a King Henry VIII story from the POV of Thomas Cromwell. It's a little dense for a vacation book. I like KHVIII as much as the next person but after awhile I can't keep track of who is who and jeez, they sure liked executing people. Definitely recommend for people who love KHVIII stories.

No comments: