Tuesday, August 30, 2016

14. The Curse of Chalion

By Lois McMaster Bujold (502 pp)

I have heard about this author forever and this is my first time reading one of her books and I am thrilled that there are at least 20 more including stories in space. This is a fantasy set in an ancient Spain-like place with swords and power struggles and complex religion. The protagonist Cazaril has been through some rough times and goes back to the household where he once served as a page in the hopes of having a quiet life. Unfortunately, that's not how things go. It's one of those books where people you like do things you don't want them to do and cause terrible things to happen to other people you like. Really good. Recommend. I have been promising myself that I would only read books I already have but I learned that there are other books set in this world and the next one, Paladin of Souls, won both the Nebula and the Hugo so click click, it's on my eReader. I'm going to start it when I have a couple of hours to get into it.

No comments: