Wednesday, June 29, 2011

20. The Year of the Flood

By Margaret Atwood (432 pp.)

It's not that I didn't like this book but it's not my favorite Margaret Atwood. I loved Alias Grace and The Blind Assassin. TBA is sitting on my "to read" shelf for a re-read. I hardly ever re-read books anymore. I think I got a little mucked up with the structure going back and forth in time with different narrators. But the closer the book got to the end, the more I got into it. This is a companion book to Oryx and Crake that I like when I read it. It takes place in the near future when the world is falling apart and then there's a pandemic and it really does fall apart. It made me want to skim Oryx and Crake again except I think my copy must be at Mom's because I can't find it. Recommend for MA fans.

No comments: